Bumi Armada Berhad is the largest owner and operator of offshore support vessels in Malaysia and is an established and trusted service partner in the oil and gas industry. We have established a strong position in FPSO systems, a growing Transport & Installation business and competency in management of large projects.
With our head office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and shore-bases in several countries around the globe, we currently serve clients in South East Asia, India, Mexico, Africa, Venezuela and the Caspian Sea region.
With our expanding capabilities of over 1,600 dedicated staff, spread across offices, shore bases, and about 50 vessels, we are confident of further growth in enhancing our support to the oil and gas industry and opening up greater horizons for both our clients and our stakeholders.
Project Cost Controller
- A professional degree (CIMA) and/or degree in business, finance or accounting.
- Minimum 5 years experience in cost accounting and controlling in a manufacturing or large EPC projects.
- Extensive experience in financial reporting systems such as SAP.
- Excellent problem solving, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate financial figures and information effectively to non- financial managers.
- Proficiency in Bahasa Malaysia and English languages.
- Mobility to travel in line work requirements.
- Prepare manufacturing costs and estimates; analyze and monitor cash flow by project; support functional departments within the company.
- Responsible for complete project cost file such as PO, VO, original contract and invoices issued.
- Prepare financial results, operation budgets, forecasts and estimates; advise management and operations on cost matters.
- Develop generic projects cost structure and cost account codes directory under standard work breakdown structures for various generic project types.
- Prepare project cost estimate of resources and other expenses through discussions with functional leaders in a timely manner using generic cost structure, which is suitable for cost tracking in the project life cycle.
- Prepare ‘Budgeted Cost of Work Scheduled’ (or Spent Profile), discuss and agree with the functional leaders.
- Assist project planner in entering the cost estimate in the project plans in primavera or other project management tools as required.
- Record/extract committed/spent cost to-date for direct costs.
- Work with accounts department to charge company’s overheads.
- Generate weekly and monthly cost reports in tabular and graphical formats for each project in Primavera or other tools, including but not limited to ‘Earned Value Report’, ‘Plan Spent versus Actual Spent’ etc.
- Revise project cost estimate at the end of every reporting period to generate ‘Forecast At Completion’.
- Facilitate and provide information to accounts department for accrued invoices at required frequency or predetermined project payment milestones so the invoices can be issued to the clients and maintain invoice register.
- Perform cost analysis and advise project leaders on cost over-runs in a timely manner so the corrective actions can be taken.
- At the time of project completion, record cost information in project database (Primavera’s Methodology Manager or any other tool, as required) using standard cost structure and utilise this cost database for future project cost estimation.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing for project cost reports and other cost related documents.
- Assist in preparing cost estimation, tracking and control procedure and continuously look at the ways of improving processes and revise procedure accordingly.
Interested applicants should submit a detailed curriculum vitae, recent photo, current & expected salary and contact number by email size not more than 10MB to: -